UBUNTU 18.04 LTS (LONG TERM SUPPORT) BIONIC BEAVER RELEASE SCHEDULE
In this article we are going to discuss on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Bionic Beaver release schedule. As a Linux fan I love to use Ubuntu operating system and it’s one of my favorite Linux distribution among all other Linux distro’s. After Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Long Term Support) “Xenial Xerus” which was released on 21 April 2016, Ubuntu is now preparing to release it’s latest LTS version of operating system i.e. Ubuntu 18.04. The new code name of Ubuntu 18.04 LTS is Bionic Beaver.
Obviously the new release of Ubuntu 18.04 comes with new features & updates. As per official announcement further Ubuntu releases will not be continue with Unity8 and convergence shell and Ubuntu 18.04 is going to release with GNOME environment. Ubuntu already scheduled the release date of all versions of Ubuntu 18.04 and publicly announced the same.
Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver will comes with new features mentioned below :
- This version of Ubuntu release will support color emoji.
- As i explained earlier Ubuntu no more continuing with Unity8. Hence Ubuntu 18.04 will release with GNOME 3.28.
- Ubuntu also selected a new icon theme. “Suru” is going to be the icon theme of Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver.
- This version of Ubuntu is comes with latest Kernel version i.e. Kernel 4.15.
Here I have mentioned the Ubuntu 18.04 Release Schedule :
- Alpha 1 : January 4th 2018
- Alpha 2 : February 1st 2018
- FeatureFreeze : March 1st 2018
- Beta 1 Freeze : March 8th 2018
- Final Beta Release : April 5th 2018
- KernelFreeze, NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline : April 12th 2018
- Final Freeze, Release Candidate : April 19th 2018
- Final Ubuntu 18.04 release : April 26th 2018
For more information and features on Ubuntu 18.04 you can visit the official website Here!
Please comment your review & opinion on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver LTS (Long Term Support) on comment box below. If you found this article useful then Like us, Share this post on your preferred Social media, Subscribe our Newsletter.