OPENSUSE LEAP 15 HAS BEEN RELEASED ON 25 MAY 2018 WITH NEW UPDATES AND FEATURES
There is a good news for OpenSuse Linux users. OpenSUSE Leap 15 has been released today (i.e. 25 May 2018) with new updates and features. This new release of Suse supports latest hardware technology, completely tested and Implemented modern security techniques hence it is more secure as compared to previous releases. OpenSUSE Leap 15 is mainly developed for professional users and entrepreneurs. For first time you can now migrate from OpenSUSE Leap server to Suse Linux Enterprise (SLE).
Now let’s have look at new features and major changes of openSUSE Leap 15 :
- Implemented a new partitioner in Installer.
- Firewalld will be used as a firewall management tool.
- NextCloud package included in repository which can be used for File Sharing, Cloud Services…etc…
- Improved the YAST.
- Leap 15 is perfectly suitable for Virtual Machine.
- Those who want to use the features of OpenSUSE Leap 15 without installing it they always can use the Live image. Just boot using the Live image and you are ready to use.
- There is a new package included in repository i.e. GNU Health. This package is specially for Science, Health and research.
- Other major changes like Linux Kernel version 4.12, Mozilla Firefox web browser 60, Gnome 3.26, Mozilla Thunderbird 52, VLC Media player 3.0…etc…
Also Read :
- BODHI LINUX 5.0.0 ALPHA1 HAS BEEN RELEASED WITH NEW FEATURES AND UPDATES ON 21 MAY 2018
- UBUNTU 18.04 LTS FINAL VERSION HAS BEEN RELEASED WITH NEW FEATURES AND UPDATES ON 26 APRIL 2018
- SCIENTIFIC LINUX 7.5 HAS BEEN RELEASED ON 10 MAY 2018 WITH NEW FEATURES, UPDATES AND BUG FIXES
Those who are currently using the older version of openSUSE Leap can easily upgrade to openSUSE Leap 15 by following some simple steps. Installation ISO image of OpenSUSE Leap 15 is now available for Download OR you can get the Installation DVD. For first time OpenSUSE Leap 15 cloud images are available through Linode and hardware vendor TUXEDO Computers. TUXEDO InfinityBook Pro 13 coming with OpenSUSE Leap 15 preinstalled and also mentioned in released notes that there are so many more devices which are going to come with OpenSUSE Leap 15 preinstalled in future.
The best advantages of Leap 15 is you can install it on any platform like Physically, as a Guest operating system, as a Virtual Host, Cloud.
To get more information about this new release of OpenSUSE you can visit the official website Here.
So openSUSE Leap 15 installation images are now available for download Hence just Click Here to download the same.
Now install the OpenSUSE Leap 15 and send us your feedback on comment box below. If you found this article useful then Like us, Share this post on your preferred Social media, Subscribe our Newsletter OR if you have something to say then feel free to comment on the comment box below.